Monday, 4 January 2021

PSHE and Oracy 04.01.21


The Present


"The film is about a young boy who seems to prefer his computer games to anything else.  Nothing can seem to drag him away...



...Until his mother leaves him a - an adorable puppy! However, the little boy is unkind to the puppy, he does not want to play with him and is not interested because the puppy only has three legs.


Gradually, the puppy's determination wins him round, they go out to play... at this point we see why the boy may have not wanted to have a puppy with three legs.  Watch it to find out." 


Have a go at answering some of the questions below. See if you can use the sentence stems to answer the questions:


How do you think the boy felt at the beginning of the video? I think that the boy feels...

Why do you think the boy was unkind to the dog at the beginning of the video? I think that the boy was unkind because...

Can you think of a time when you have been unkind? How did you feel? I felt...

Why do you think the mother in the story chose that particular dog? I think she chose this dog because...

Can you predict what happened after the boy went outside at the end of the story? I predict that...

Can you name one way in which the boy and the dog are similar? The boy and the dog are similar because...

Can you name one way in which the boy and the dog are different? They are different because...

Do you think this story has a message? What do you think it is?


No comments:

Post a Comment